10 November 2011

Famous Irish Hillside


This is a famous hillside in Glendalough, Ireland.  Glendalough was a famous monastery from hundreds of years ago.  While I was in Dublin I had the privilege of taking a side trip out to the countryside to see this beautiful place.  The weather was a little bit cold and rainy but I was excited nonetheless.  My group got to go on a tour which was informative, but I was honestly more excited to photograph the scenery.  At one point my tour director told me to pay attention so I left the tour.  Perhaps not the most polite action but I wanted the most time possible to take pictures, not just the fifteen minutes we were given after the tour.  Every time I look up Glendalough on the internet, there are photographs of this hillside.  Being honest, mine is not very unique compared to the rest, but it does hold a special place in my heart.  I will never forget how the sun broke through the clouds and allowed for some beautiful shots.  The only editing I did on this photo was the cropping, Nature did the rest!   

No comments:

Post a Comment